Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Monkey Love

{ETA: Having issues with posting...I'm sure it's user error! lol}

(For those of you stopping by to see projects, check back in a couple of days. I have a few cards to post! While you're waiting keep reading to learn a little more about me...)

*Hosted by Peggy Hostetler*

Monkey Love, Baby!

FOR TODAY 25 26 27 January 2010...(I know I'm a little behind...been trying to upload this post since Sunday evening. Finally get things working and had every intention of getting this post up last night, but best laid plans...right? That seems to be the theme for this month...well, here we go!)


Outside my window...life-giving warmth of the sun, bright blue skies dusted with shredded clouds and bunnies…(NO the bunnies weren't shredded! They were hopping across the yard.)


I am thinking...that I’m going thru a “depletion cycle”…as fast as I can run.


I am thankful for...quiet moments, routines, daily living, 400 calorie cups of hot chocolate topped with swirled whipped cream (very satisfying when you need a pick me up...of course, too many of those and no one's going to be picking me up! haha)


I am remembering…just how much I miss my mother…and thinking about my cousin, who recently lost her father. (Love and hugs to you, sweetie!)


From the kitchen...looking forward to fresh veggies, bread and soups with cream and fruit for dessert. (really going through a whipped cream phase...)

I am creating...that’s it! I AM CREATING. And loving what precious little time I have to make stuff…cards, lately, but scheduling (yes, scheduling!) time to work on scrapbook projects and creating plans for being able to do and share what I love even more!

One of my favorite things…post-it notes…they come in all shapes, sizes, designs and colors. They are portable and can go anywhere…in my desk, in a drawer in the bathroom, in my purse, in my car...hmm…and your uses, dear one, let me count the ways…reminders, lists, notes, letters, doodles and of course crafting! love, love, love!

I am going...way outside my comfort zone this week and taking a mini vacation (soooo needed!) Just wish it was to somewhere warm and sunny...would tropical be asking too much? lol

I am reading...books, blogs and articles that uplift, encourage and emphasize living each day with purpose...and crafting...okay, not really living and crafting, but I do read about purposeful crafting...does that count?

I am hoping...to be able to quickly follow through with meaningful changes I've begun in my life. Patience is a virtue I do not naturally possess...it is painstakingly earned...

Around the house...I’ve begun to unload those things that are no longer needed and no longer loved. Even though I’ve really just begun the process of decluttering the material things in my life, I can already feel a lifting of my spirit!

Some Good Things from this past week...
* Card swaps…working on getting the pictures uploaded!
* E.’s birthday party…lots of hugs, smiles and balloons!
* jounaling time

A few plans for the rest of the week:
• Start this year’s school pages for the kids’ albums…
• Actually write down my goals for this year…need to work on better defining them, too.
(Thank Goodness this will always be a work in progress, subject to constant revision!)
• Workout 3 more times this week


What have you been up to lately?

hugs,
Angi

--
Posted By Angi~Mistress of Mayhem to Making Mayhem at 1/27/2010 09:23:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angi, These are so cute I am going to make them for my kidergartens class. It is fun to see your fun projects. Hope your crafting goes well. Jeanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!