Thursday, December 20, 2012

Great Impressions - Cool Birthday!


(If you're here from the Great Impressions Stamps blog to see the 'Thanks Snow Much' tag, scroll down to the bottom of this post...)

Happy Thursday! Only 5 days till Christmas...and I'm sitting here typing up this post while a blizzard winds down outside my window! I love days like this where I can start a fire, grab some hot cocoa and take the time to get some crafting done. Even though we are in the last stretch of the holidays for 2012, I'm already looking ahead to 2013 birthdays.

Did you see my Great Impressions Stamps post last week? I used Snow Adorable (E774) on a cute Christmas tag and mentioned how versatile snowmen images can be. Frosty (G476) is another fun snowman image to use on some winter projects...

Frosty (G476)

My youngest daughter will be turning 10 in January and wants a snowman/rainbow party! This is quite the change from the normal glittery princess event, but I like a challenge!

I started with a sketch from Retro Sketches for the birthday card...


I used a few dies, embossing folders, a little bit of distressing and my favorite Smash tape! And, of course, some clear glitter for the snowy parts...and I couldn't leave a nekkid inside...


And it's Swirly Happy Birthday (E367) paired with Snow Adorable (E774)! Such a cute stamp. I couldn't resist putting him on the inside. He makes me smile!

(Thank You tag below!)

Thank Yous are always an important part of birthday celebrations around my house. These will look so sweet tied to the goodie bags! Since I colored the snowman with Copics, I backed the tag with another white tag stamped with lines for writing in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. Can you see the glitter? There may not be princesses, but there's still going to be lots of sparkle!


I printed the sentiment using the An Accidental Kiss font. Just think of the cute phrases you could use with the snowmen...

Warm Winter Wishes
Friends Warm the Heart
You're the Coolest!
Sending You Warm Fuzzies! (use flock on the hat & scarf!)
You're Snow Wonderful!
Some of My Best Friends are Flakes

I'm sure you know some I haven't mentioned. I would love to hear them!

Next week will be my last post for Great Impressions Stamps. Until then, Happy Holidays!

Inky hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Cute as can be! I love snowmen and rainbows too! We've had an odd storm front come through Mo. this week. You'll have to share with your daughter that it was raining, sleeting, snowing, thundering, lighting, AND a rainbow in the sky this morning! I've got to admit that in nearly 60 years, I've never seen that before. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti! That sounds crazy, but it's exactly the kind of weather I love! My little one will be thrilled to hear you had all that AND a rainbow! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely contribution to the Creative moments challenge - thanks for joining us! Hope the party goes well. Leona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute snowmen! Makes a wonderful tag!Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic tag you have made that fits in well with the Bearly Mine Challenge. Amazing. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!