Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sentimental Sundays #150 - Tag You're It!

"Put duties aside at least an hour before bed and perform soothing, quiet activities that will help you relax." - Dianne Hales

I love this little bit of wisdom. Although, when it is taken in the context of me and crafting it makes me laugh! My daughter says I'm a noisy crafter...when I don't like something, when I do like something, when I have an a-ha moment...a sigh, a groan, a whoop or whatever, she can count on me being vocal about it! And crafting is my 'relaxing' activity!


Dilly Beans' images are fun, quirky and even beautiful...and I love tags...

So, here's another 'Dirty Tag' (see the tutorial here...) used with Dilly Beans Isabella Fairy.

Love when I can reuse items. I apologize for not getting a before picture...but the tag was originally primary colors - red, blue & yellow. Really...with a Great Impressions Stamps Creative stamp near the bottom edge. I covered the tag in Distress Stain Picket Fence and then sprayed a light coating of Perfect Pearls Mist Pearl over the top.

Originally, this tag was intended as a book mark for a kid...but I like the new tag better! What do you think?


Here's a close up of Isabella. She's colored up in Copics and Stickles. LOVE that the stickles does not make the Copic colors run! (...because the Copics are not water-based...)


It's hard to tell in the photo, but her eyelids are really purple and covered in stickles!


You can see the layers here... Normally, I print/stamp a couple of the images, but I didn't decide to layer her up until AFTER I had her colored, so I just cut the image apart and then layered by overlapping just the tiniest bit.

The sentiment stamp is from Inkadinkado - Good Day. One of my all time faves. There are just some days, I think I know exactly how Nathanial must have felt!

Today, though, I'm sure I made happy sounds! lol

Inky hugs,
Angi

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!